[lbo-talk] Development of Political Underdevelopment (was electability)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sat Mar 24 11:16:17 PDT 2007

On Mar 24, 2007, at 2:57 PM, John Thornton wrote:

> .49 hours spent on "Food preparation and cleanup" but 1.2 hours
> eating?
> Since when does it take more time to eat a meal than to prepare it and
> cleanup?

When you nuke it (or, as I learned from Anthony Bourdain, "give it some radar love"), or order takeout.

Also, note the next columns - while almost everybody eats, just 37% of men do prep/cleanup, and 66% of women do.

Check out table 2. An average of .3 hours per weekend day on religious activities, and just 15% of the pop! That's about what people spend on lawn & garden care. Maybe this religion thing is exaggerated.

Doug