[lbo-talk] Time Use studies

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 25 07:20:27 PDT 2007

On 3/24/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, working class people might find Jeff Schmidt's
> _Disciplined Minds_ useful and entertaining, to get a feel for the
> forces and constraints shapes this class...
> <http://disciplined-minds.com/>

I read this back when I was getting back into working in science and contemplating grad school, and found it really disappointing. I wanted to wait a bit before passing any final judgement, but all he seemed to show was that professionals, at least low-level ones, have to deal with asshole bosses like everybody else -- not exactly his thesis.

I'm curious what you or others saw in this.

-- Andy