[lbo-talk] Time Use studies

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:29:14 PDT 2007

On 3/26/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Here are the examples of "crashers," non-professionals who
> successfully posed as having credentials:

I haven't gotten back to the book yet, but at least from what you posted they sounded like people who just were skilled without having credentials. That doesn't prevent them from having the right professional attitude/ideology (maybe the ex-con lawyer was different). In fact, if they didn't exhibit that sort of outlook they probably would have had their credentials examined more closely and been uncovered sooner. People with faked credentials don't do well by sticking out.

By comparison, consider the experience of my well-credentialed (AFAIK) environmental lawyer friend: for coaching for the LSATs he went to a fellow who specializes in getting the Wrong Kind of People into law school. He explained that one session went like, "NO! You're thinking like [some famous leftist attorney]. Think! How would George Will answer that?" That's a crasher schooling crashers. (Apologies to Andie.)

-- Andy