[lbo-talk] Arundhati Roy: an activist returns to the novel

James Heartfield Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 12:37:56 PDT 2007

I remember having my doubts about the Narmada Dam campaign that Roy got involved in - though I don't guess that many on this list would have shared them.

There seemed to me to be some evidence that the anti-Dam campaigners were being sponsored by western environmental groups. Also, I was not sure why the World Bank (which pulled out of the project) should value their rights over those of the Indian state to generate electricity.