[lbo-talk] TX citizens can now legally to shoot-to-kill someone "unlawfully trying to enter a protected place"

W. Kiernan wkiernan at gmail.com
Wed Mar 28 18:11:35 PDT 2007

B. wrote:

> Sympathy for violent offenders and criminals in
> general runs low in Texas, underscored by its busy
> death row. The state leads the United States in
> executions with 388 since the death penalty was
> reinstated in 1976 by the U.S. Supreme Court.

Not so low that they don't legalize outright murder, though. You understand that all a hot-blooded Texan with a grudge has to do is wait until there are no witnesses, invite the victim into his house or car, blow him away, and testilie that the dead guy was "entering a protected place" in a "threatening manner." And we're talking about Texans here, and _all_ Texans seethe with a hundred grudges, so a blood bath will certainly ensue.

As I live far enough away from Texas, thank God, thank God, that even the highest-velocity projectiles fired from that lunatic pesthole will still fall short of my house, I can't wait for a couple of years to pass, so we all can check out the statistical data and compare the percentage of black Texans who get off scot-free under this ridiculous new murder-legalization statute as compared with the number of whites.

Where's Gunnar Myrdal when you need him? Of course the next step after the guilty stats emerge will be to declare the entire discipline of statistics to be merely a pseudo-scientific anti-Christian fallacy, like evolution and global warming.

Yours WDK - Wkiernan at gmail.com