[lbo-talk] How to explain things to (right-wing) libertarians

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu Mar 29 05:02:10 PDT 2007

andie nachgeborenen

TJG is right that US usage is confusing almost everywhere else, where "liberal" means what we call "libertarian," "libertarian" means "left wing anarchist," and "conservative" means "stupid and proud of it."* We don't actually have any conservatives in America, just "liberals" (right wing libertarians) and "moderates" -- formerly was, "liberals," which means people who are scared to be social democrats, i.e., in America, "communists."

^^^^^^ CB: Yes, then there are liberation movements and libertines,too.