[lbo-talk] Narmada Dam (was Arundhati Roy etc.)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri Mar 30 12:01:20 PDT 2007

Travis:

What has been the block to pan africanism? If your initial analysis is correct it savages your proposed solution.

[WS:] It was not a solution but a thought experiment. The problem, as I see it, is structural contradictions of African states that make investment very difficult. I do not really know how to solve that problem - the Hobbesian idea that I proposed was just one possible approach, especially that pan-Africanism was once quite popular among intellectual elites of that continent. But I am all ears to other proposals.

Wojtek