[lbo-talk] How to explain things to (right-wing) libertarians

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 31 14:29:28 PDT 2007

Carl's sarcasm is SO persuasive. We start out from a position of appalling weakness with no allies. We regard coalition building as "regrettable necessity." We refuse to compromise with anyone who differs from us in the slightest, insisting it's our way or the high way. The outcome is totally predictable. We don't even get to the able. We don't even get to lose. We don't get to be considered players. I realize Carl is depressed and angry, but so am I. I assume he's not stupid, just venting. But his position is stupid. Suicidal. Idiotic. Frankly, as the last six years of the Bush administration shows, Carl's position is totally moronic even if you have virtually unchallengeable monopoly power. If saying the obvious makes me a corporate sellout and class collaborator, I plead guilty, Mr. PR Man.

What makes you morally superior to me, btw, although that's irrelevant to the truth of our position? You used to shill for the other side. I represented them in litigation. You think that somehow makes you better?