[lbo-talk] Narmada Dam (was Arundhati Roy etc.)

Patrick Bond pbond at mail.ngo.za
Sat Mar 31 18:58:56 PDT 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> Perhpas we
> will the current situation continue in the foreseable
> future. Perhpas the strife will continye, misery will
> increase, and "first world" countries will keep
> lamenting, passing lofty resolutions, and proposing
> symbolic band-aid measures suggested by changing
> policy fads until the whole region burns itself out,
> like Chernobyl. If I were forced to bet on the most
> likely development in Africa, I would probaly bet on
> the latter.

Wojtek, rather than armchair pessimism, why not raise the option of the North lifting its boot from the neck of Africa, as job 1, and help out? You could get to work on that right away, e.g. by advocating JHU divest its World Bank bonds: http://www.econjustice.net/wbbb/ and http://www.wbbeurope.org/ and http://www.wbbeurope.org/tool-kit.php