[lbo-talk] Narmada Dam (was Arundhati Roy etc.)

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Sat Mar 31 20:45:07 PDT 2007

> To reiterate, I am not saying that pan-African
> federalism can be implemented as a realistic solution
> to current problems. All that i am saying is that the
> anti-thesis of that federalism - artificially created
> states with insuffcient internal hegemony and torn
> apart by interanl conflicts is the problem. And it is
> quite possible that this problem has no solution in
> the foreseable future.
>
> Wojtek

How many times do I have to reiterate the point that something more than the "artificiality" of African states is in play here. Ethiopia is a control group and yet is one of the poorest in Africa. There is no "artificiality" to the Ethiopian state. The boundaries are coherent and have evolved for reasons outside of *direct* colonial forces much like every other European and new world state. Think it through.

Travis