[lbo-talk] Ellie Mae has a question (i.e., HELP!)

bitch at pulpculture.org bitch at pulpculture.org
Tue May 1 20:32:45 PDT 2007

At 09:18 PM 5/1/2007, you wrote:
> > Don't take the suitcase to the interview ...
>
>I gotta disagree on this one. You're coming in the night before, you're
>leaving from there to the airport. What, you're not supposed to have a
>suitcase? Stash it with the receptionist when you get there, that's
>probably the same person who is coordinating your departure. Pretend
>it's your winter coat.
>
>They want to talk to you, get to know you, see if they want you to work
>with them -- not judge your suitcase. If they want you to work for them
>but don't like your suitcase, I've got two words for you: signing bonus
>:-)
>
>At the very least it's an opportunity to connect with them in some way:
>"Yeah, can you believe this bag? It's been to hell and back, but at
>least it got back."
>
>Good luck,
>
>/jordan

well, one thing: I looked it up and the hotel is 2000 ft from their door to the door of the place i'm interviewing. A limo for that? WTF? I swear, this is all because departments like to say they spend money on candidates like this.

Anyway, wouldn't it seem reasonable to just check it with the front desk and pop back in after the interview, on the way to the airport, particularly since it's not out of the way and it wouldn't detract from the time frame too much.

I'm not terribly worried about the suitcase's appearance, though I have been witness to conversations about that sort of thing. Anyway, the suitcase'll do, but man if it was the bright red samsonite luggage, oh god. I'd soon use walmart bags for my clothes. :)

Bitch | Lab http://blog.pulpculture.org (NSFW)