[lbo-talk] Kurt Vonnegut farewell, Harry Bubbins re: Randall's Island enclosure on STEAL THIS RADIO, Thursday 11 a.m.

Mitchel Cohen mitchelcohen at mindspring.com
Tue May 1 23:13:50 PDT 2007

STEAL THIS RADIO: new show Thursday, 11 a.m. EST -- listen from anywhere on TribecaRadio.net

Mitchel Cohen hosts this new weekly internet radio hour. Tune in to TribecaRadio.net

on Thursday, May 3rd, at 11 a.m. (repeats the following Tuesday at 6 pm) -- just go to TribecaRadio.net and click on "Listen Live". Podcast after that 24/7 (that means the show is archived after Tuesday and you can listen whenever you like) . This week's guest: Harry Bubbins, environmental activist and educator in South Bronx and Harlem speaks about the "enclosure" of public space on Randall's Island, AND Paul Gilman's weekly movie review. This week: Jet Li's "Fearless", a Marial Arts movie Greens should Love. Mitchel Cohen, on Kurt Vonnegut

Listen to previous shows, too! from ANYWHERE, anytime!

Opening theme: Mario Savio, speaking in Berkeley, 1964 Theme Song: Dave Rovics, "Jenin"

Other Songs: "My Bed is Genocide" Bev Grant & the Dissident Daughers: "Tired of Bastards" (lead vocal: Valerie Andrewievich) Joan Baez: "Waltzing Matilda"

You still can listen to LAST WEEK'S and ALL SHOWS archived at http://www.tribecaradio.net/blog/categories/stealThisRadio/ or http://www.tribecaradio.net/blog/04.04.07.STR.1.mp3 click on the speaker symbol on the upper right

In the 4/12 edition, we talk about BioFuels and critique this attempt by the U.S. to get around genetically engineered corn prohibitions in many countries and control the world's ethanol supply. In-Studio guest: Paul Gilman of the NY Greens/Green Party.

In the 4/05 edition of STEAL THIS RADIO, we discuss the forthcoming bombardment of Iran and the lies in 1990 behind the Gulf War. Also, an interview concerning New York City's garbage with Cathryn Swan, organizer with "Recycle This!" and "Freecycle" in New York City.

Feel free to send verbal or written commentaries, music (on cd, please, or email via MP3), sound from protests and interesting talks, and ideas for future shows, to mitchelcohen at mindspring.com! We'll soon begin doing phone interviews on the air, from all over the world. Let's help make this show a contact point for our environmental and social justice movements.

All Power to the Imagination! TribecaRadio.net

----------------------------------------------- Mitchel Cohen was a member of the Students for a Democratic Society and co-founded the Red Balloon Collective at SUNY Stony Brook in 1969, under whose imprint he continues to publish a variety of political pamphlets and poetry books. He is a member of the Brooklyn Greens / Green Party.