[lbo-talk] discipline

Eric rayrena at realtime.net
Wed May 2 00:20:55 PDT 2007

Ever-contrarian Zizek on 300. Couldn't you just change a couple of words and imagine Pat Buchanan saying this? A more thorough take(down) here: <http://www.shaviro.com/Blog/?p=574>

The Greeks main arm against this overwhelming military supremacy is discipline and the spirit of sacrifice - and, to quote Alain Badiou: "We need a popular discipline. I would even say /.../ that 'those who have nothing have only their discipline.' The poor, those with no financial or military means, those with no power - all they have is their discipline, their capacity to act together. This discipline is already a form of organization." In today's era of hedonist permissivity as the ruling ideology, the time is coming for the Left to (re)appropriate discipline and the spirit of sacrifice: there is nothing inherently "Fascist" about these values.

<http://www.lacan.com/zizhollywood.htm>