[lbo-talk] Abortion in the Irish courts again

Jason lists at moduszine.com
Wed May 2 04:47:16 PDT 2007

Slap bang in the middle of a general election and what's the result? A total lack of conviction on either side with politicians of all shades running a mile from the issue.

Ireland's cowardly position on abortion is bad enough (export for those who can afford it and are over 18, ban for everyone else) but what's really bizarre is that for all of the talk about this case where is the political argument?

I'd love to see more background on this case if you know of any Wendy. I'm not clear on quite how the HSE got involved.

Jason.