[lbo-talk] The Arch Quotes Bhaskar

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 14:43:11 PDT 2007

Interesting. Rorty wouldn't disagree, I think, although he'd put it in different language.

Btw, Rorty has inoperable cancer, so if you have any farewell shots to fire at him, fire 'em now. He was my teacher and, I have realized over the years, despite my many lesser and greater annoyances with him, he has been a vast influence on my thinking. I find it somewhat difficult to imagine the world without him. Well, maybe he's got another book or two in him. Bernard Williams, another teacher of mine, less annoying but similarly influential for me, seems to keep on putting out books from the afterlife, so maybe Rorty will manage that trick too.

http://www.archbishopofcanterbury.org/sermons_speeches/061123a.htm

http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html