[lbo-talk] Wacko/Sherman (was Re: Brit general says . . . .)

Tayssir John Gabbour tayssir.john at googlemail.com
Sun May 6 03:35:54 PDT 2007

On 5/6/07, Tayssir John Gabbour <tayssir.john at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Where I disagree with right-wingers is that I think all these things
> are in our grasp. That right-wingers usually try to achieve admirable
> goals within a broken system.

And not to dump on right-wingers, I think leftists often stereotype their own philosophies. For instance, anarchism. Do anarchists reject all hierarchy? Or just unjustified forms?

In a student/teacher relationship, doesn't the student often temporarily accept the teacher's statements in a dogmatic way, before getting to the point of questioning it? (Or just plain accepting it if it's not that important?)

In largely propertyless teams like a free software project, don't people evolve certain voluntary hierarchies?

Is anarcho-christianity a contradiction in terms, even though someone might believe anarchism only applies to human relations rather than supernatural ones?

Tayssir