[lbo-talk] Help me decide my summer vacation destination

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at rawbw.com
Sun May 6 10:50:31 PDT 2007

On 06-May-07 Chris Doss wrote:
> It's decided then -- Uzbekistan it is! Thanks guys!

Yeah! I was voting for Uzbekistan too, but Samarkand rather than Tashkent. From there on by bus or rail or whatever to wonder along the silk road into northern China.

But my daydreams of travel are extremely suspect. The summer before 9/11, I was working in a warehouse that had an exotic travel and tour business upstairs. They had a tour of the silk road cities that wondered through the weird borders of the Stans into Northern China. The pictures in their brouchures were fabulous. Of course this was just the washerwoman's dream. I didn't have I forget how many thousand dollars to cough up.

BTW, Chris do you know how to ride a horse? It would be a really scary kick in the ass to get up to some mountain village and then hire a local guide for a horse trek through the high passes into the some really remote hinderlands. Just some more of scare-yourself-silly fantasies...

Don't forget to get your shots.

CG