[lbo-talk] Southern vs. Northern violence

Steven L. Robinson srobin21 at comcast.net
Mon May 7 09:52:41 PDT 2007

TR also played a prime role in getting the US into World War I. He made numerous speaking tours of the country demanding US entry. Sheer lunacy. Perhaps in August 1914 the statesmen of Europe did not foresee the bloody stalemate WWI would become, but by 1916/1917 US leaders knew full well that if the country entered the war, US troops would be going into a meat grinder.

TR even tried to get into the military so he could see combat duty. Woodrow Wilson, wisely, did not allow it. SR

-------------- Original message -------------- From: "Carl Remick" <carlremick at hotmail.com>

.