[lbo-talk] Kvetching, was Sarkozy, France etc

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Tue May 8 14:21:30 PDT 2007

I've seen plenty of people who try to totally ignore the economic boom in Russia, or slight it, or explain it away as an epiphenomenon, apparently because Putin has not managed to make Russia into a Garden of Eden. "OK so real wages have risen 170-180%% during Putin and the Chechen War is over -- BUT PUTIN HAS PERSECUTED HIS POLITICAL OPPONENT KHODORKOVSKY AND THE THE CHECHEN WAR WAS HORRIBLY BRUTAL, AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF HIGH OIL PRICES ANYWAY!" Sort of like, "OK maybe that guy saved all the members of my family from the burning building, but he forgot the dog, and it's only because there was a fire extinguisher." Barf.

--- James Heartfield <Heartfield at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

\
> Just to re-cap, it was Wojtek who said the left was
> always "kvetching" a "a
> bunch of chronic complainers and crackpots" without
> an alternative.

Lyubo, bratsy, lyubo, lyubo, bratsy, zhit!

ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ËÞÁÎ, ËÞÁÎ, ÁÐÀÒÖÛ, ÆÈÒÜ!

____________________________________________________________________________________ The fish are biting. Get more visitors on your site using Yahoo! Search Marketing. http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/arp/sponsoredsearch_v2.php