[lbo-talk] Southern vs. Northern violence

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed May 9 10:41:32 PDT 2007

ravi wrote:

> Having uncharacteristically watched this debate mostly from the
>
>sidelines, while being largely sympathetic to Carl's position from a
>personal anecdotal POV, I wonder what actual minorities (in
>particular black people) think about it (North vs South racism)? We
>may have a couple of them (minorities), on this list, perhaps?

Some african-american friends moved from the bay area to Atlanta a few years ago. The reason for the move was escaping the high cost of living in the Bay area, the better family/social networks in Atlanta, better job opportunities....and, in terms of racism, that they were more comfortable dealing with the "honest" racism of the south.

Joanna