[lbo-talk] who's more racist? (was Minority Report etc.)

ravi ravi at platosbeard.org
Fri May 11 12:00:07 PDT 2007

On 11 May, 2007, at 1:49 PM, Dwayne Monroe wrote:

> The spectacle of dueling anecdotes, facts, figures and
> theories -- all aggressively tossed about by guys who
> don't personally face the problem under discussion ...

Howdy Dwayne!

So, you figure the guy who yelled "go back to your own country", after cutting me off on the road a few days ago, was just being friendly? ;-) While my own experiences of racism are no doubt different from that of a black person, it is often racism indeed that I experience (humorous though it may be, involving such constructions and expletives as "sand-n-word", "arab", "hindu", etc).

Kidding aside, one of my earliest posts on this thread was to wonder how someone who personally faced the problem felt about the contrast (North vs South). I offered some tentative thoughts based on my experiences and that of my spouse (who has lived in Florida, while I have not lived in the South at all, but only visited).

IMHO, these are worthy discussions, even if they meander, get aggressive, etc.

--ravi