[lbo-talk] who's more racist? (was Minority Report etc.)

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Fri May 11 10:49:58 PDT 2007

Dennis Claxton:

I read this list backwards through the archives and after reading the last 15 or so hours of posts on this it is weird. I'm wondering now, is there something about the discussion itself that is racist?

Well, I don't think it's *racist*; at least, not in the usual sense, but it is heavily weighed down by a cargo of stubborn presumptuousness.

The spectacle of dueling anecdotes, facts, figures and theories -- all aggressively tossed about by guys who don't personally face the problem under discussion (and it's the aggressiveness which really puts the olive in the martini) -- gets curiouser and curiouser the longer the thread lasts.

But hark, it continues: no one's listening. So, let us two exeunt from this particular stage.

.d.

Jack Bauer doesn't wash his clothes. He tortures them until they're clean.

...................... http://monroelab.net/blog/