[lbo-talk] Junkyard dog hits Motown

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 15 13:53:59 PDT 2007

On May 15, 2007, at 4:43 PM, Jordan Hayes wrote:

> Doug writes:
>
>> It could get very ugly,
>> though the UAW is giving every sign of rolling over so far.
>
> It doesn't seem like they have a choice, does it?

No, though the more devious thing to do would be to posture militantly in public while cutting deals in private, a la Victor Gotbaum during the NYC fiscal crisis.

I really don't know what I'd do were I in their shoes. I've never gotten a good answer out of labor radicals, who can't get more specific than "resist!"

Doug