[lbo-talk] US flag at half-mast today - please tell me it's not 'cos of Falwell?

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 20:45:27 PDT 2007

Not too long ago I checked out a copy of Bacevich's _The New American Militarism_ and was only able to read a chapter of it before it was due back. It looked interesting. He cited Chomsky positively in its first chapter, or foreword, or intro -- I forget which. Bacevich is someone I've wanted to read more, as an ex-military insider (a colonel I believe?) who's now apparently against militarism and sees it as a pernicious. dangerous thread in US social life.

-B.

Andy F wrote:

"On a related note, Andrew Bacevich's son was KIA in Iraq just recently. Tom Englhardt has interviewed him a lot on militarism, etc."