[lbo-talk] Celebrating the Death of Jerry Falwell

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 08:25:54 PDT 2007

The Jewish Partisans in Poland and Russia in WWII used to dance on the graves of informers and collaborators after they executed them. Obviously we are not doomed we hope) heroes like the Partizaner, and I am opposed to any use of violence against our political opponents, but Falwell was an enemy of the human race. It wasn't just that we disagreed with "some" of his opinions. It is that he devoted his whole life, rather effectively, to making life hell for us and everyone we care about and to frustrating every cause we support and advancing every cause we hate. I can think of no points in common whatsoever that any decent person would have with Falwell. I'm glad he's gone, and none too soon. He'd feel the same about me, believe it. I hope he met his Maker; the Rev. has a lot answer for. I don't feel particularly self-righteous or in any way emblematic of virtue, but the point is not even whether I do or whether I have a right to be happy that a deadly enemy's gone to Jesus, but that anyone should happy. I'll extend him exactly as much compassion as he would me. And I'm not even "hard left," just ask the hard leftists around here.