[lbo-talk] Celebrating the Death of Jerry Falwell

Chuck chuck at mutualaid.org
Wed May 16 08:46:31 PDT 2007

Doug Henwood wrote:
> On May 16, 2007, at 6:07 AM, Joseph Catron wrote:

> Oh please. So all this be kind to the religious stuff now extends to
> Falwell? Falwell was a hateful reactionary creep. He helped elect
> Reagan. He called Mohammed a terrorist and blamed my kind of people
> for 9/11. ("I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists,
> and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively
> trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People For
> the American Way, all of them who have tried to secularize America. I
> point the finger in their face and say 'you helped this happen.'")
> Fuck him.

Right on! I for one, revel in the death of Jerry Falwell. The world became a better place yesterday when that fucking asshole kicked the bucket.

I'm a bit surprised that anybody on LBO list would attempt to turn this news into criticism of the MANY, MANY people who were overjoyed yesterday when Falwell's death was confirmed. I visited a bunch of news discussion sites yesterday and the comments about Falwell were overwhlemingly hostile to Falwell and celebratory of his death.

A truly evil man died yesterday. Appreciate it!

Fuck that motherfucker Falwell and all the time and resources of the Left that he and his ilk wasted over the past decades. Our fight for a better world would be more advanced if we hadn't had to deal with douchebags like Falwell.

Chuck