[lbo-talk] A public square

Nicholas Ruiz III editor at intertheory.org
Tue May 22 09:32:52 PDT 2007

The people in charge (higher ed admin) have yet to feel the 'pain' of the transformation of higher ed to a part-time economy...in fact, admin salaries have benefited from the polarizing disparity...starting to sound free market familiar? No part of the economy will be left untouched by the divining process of Capital...

If society cannot even rally around an issue like universal healthcare, how could it rally around an issue like the destruction of higher ed?

:-)

NRIII

http://www.yalealumnimagazine.com/issues/99_07/GESO.html

> > >From the point of view of tenure track but
> untenured
> > faculty, a relatively privileged group because it
> at
> > least is on the tenure track, there is indeed more
> > self-management than for average workers, and one
> has
> > a written employment contract with, typically, a
> > terminal year rather an employment at will -- no
> small
> > benefit, and other workers don't have anything
> like
> > that as a rule unless they have a union. But the
> view
> > from below is considerably less rosy than from the
> > perspective of tenured faculty.
> >
> > Finally, "radicalize" is not a precisely defined
> term,
> > but it is not meaningless, neither does it
> designate
> > Oedipal attitudinizing. In the context it means,
> and

=== message truncated ===

Dr. Nicholas Ruiz III Editor, Kritikos http://intertheory.org