[lbo-talk] A public square

tfast tfast at yorku.ca
Tue May 22 10:06:48 PDT 2007

> If society cannot even rally around an issue like
> universal healthcare, how could it rally around an
> issue like the destruction of higher ed?
>
> :-)
>
> NRIII

Funny in Canada we did rally around health care (universal insurance) won and have continued to win. Public education not so much. The real transformation will come when it is realized that 70% of those receiving BA's are really the white collar counterpart to blue collar with trades tickets. Although one could argue the white collar is infinitely more interchangeable.

tfast