[lbo-talk] crime rising in US cities

Dennis Claxton ddclaxton at earthlink.net
Tue May 22 12:39:17 PDT 2007

Chuck wrote:

>The Left has been unable or uninterested to explain alternatives,
>much to our own misfortune. How do we propose to deal with "crime"
>in people's neighborhoods? We can't just
>go around and say that capitalism is the problem, or current U.S.
>foreign policies.

This is not entirely true. There are things out there. Here's a very short list of books. The Ruth Gilmore book especially will lead to much more reference material and to info on grassroots groups. And if you google any of these three names there's a lot of their work and interviews online:

Christian Parenti--- Lockdown America and Soft Cage

Ruth Gilmore-- Golden Gulag

George Winslow--- Capital Crimes