[lbo-talk] A public square

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 22 16:01:00 PDT 2007

[WS:]

The main reason behind low wages is not the lack or organization or managerial conspiracy, by the supply factor - our universities produce a far greater number of PhD's that they can effectively employ. There is very little market for PhD's outside the academia - most non-academic jobs not only do not require a PhD, but perceive them as being overqualified - which is a far worse offense than being underqualified. An underqualified employee can easily be trained, however an overqualified poses a risk of being resentful about his/her job and either leaving at the earliest opportune moment or becoming a trouble maker.

I see. Be realistic; don't organize. Shake hands with your boss and look wise.

Let the market decide. You have no power in the marketplace for commodities and never will. Give up. TINA. Supply and demand cannot be interfered with because the employing class holds all the cards and they've outlawed it. Free trade is what they want (when it serves their interests) and we must kowtow to their interests because they rule us. Let's maintain our passive-aggressive stance and hope that the European social democrats will save us with their fine State examples.

Regards, Mike B)

An injury to one is an injury to all http://www.iww.org.au/

____________________________________________________________________________________Yahoo! oneSearch: Finally, mobile search that gives answers, not web links. http://mobile.yahoo.com/mobileweb/onesearch?refer=1ONXIC