[lbo-talk] O.C. freeway fatality an international case

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 23 10:32:35 PDT 2007

On May 23, 2007, at 1:05 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Lee, a 40-year-old personnel administrator at Hyundai Motor America,
> joined six colleagues for dinner at Seoul Oak Korean restaurant in
> Garden Grove about 7:30 p.m. on Oct. 18, 2005, to welcome one of the
> businessmen to the U.S. The group ate barbecued ribs and soup and
> consumed 14 bottles of Saan Soju, a Korean rice wine with a 21%
> alcohol content. Lee drank about eight shots, one of his colleagues
> later told police. The tab, including tip, was $337.

My god, that's considerably less than the FT's lunch (for three) with Gore Vidal, reported in last Saturday's paper, which was $536! The menu:

Mandarin Grill, Hong Kong

6 oysters 1 x artichoke soup 1 x organic salad 2 x Dover sole 1 x Australian ribeye steak 2 x hazelnut creme brulee asparagus, mashed potato 1 x apple crumble 1 x dry Martini 1 x Bloody Mary 2 x glasses of Sauvignon Blanc 1 x Tsingtao beer 1 x cognac 1 x calvados mineral water coffee

Total: HK$4,273.50 (₤277.93)