[lbo-talk] dev'ts in world economy and foreign ownership

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 10:17:23 PDT 2007

>From: "Yoshie Furuhashi" <critical.montages at gmail.com>
>
>... I have no way of knowing lurkers' opinions, but for a longest time a
>majority of people on this mailing list kept saying that Washington
>couldn't and shouldn't just withdraw US troops, we must arrange for
>substitute peace-keepers first (as if anyone wanted to go in!), we
>must reconstruct Iraq first (as if we ever would!), we must support
>Sistani, et al.'s call for elections first (God only knows why anyone
>thought that was a good idea), and so on and so forth.

This is pretty presumptuous, no? Do you have the actual LBO vote counts to back this claim? In any event, as a firm longtime proponent of cutting and running, I have never advocated any of the exit-delaying preconditions you cite. And being ye olde transcendentalist of the list, I can, if need be, claim majority status on my own.

Carl

"Any man more right than his neighbors constitutes a majority of one already."

-- Henry David Thoreau

_________________________________________________________________ More photos, more messages, more storage—get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail. http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507