[lbo-talk] Anonymity as dry day dream

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Tue May 29 10:20:05 PDT 2007

Ravi:

I do not mean my warning in that sense, of course, but rather in terms of the limitations of the technologies in use. I have posted details in previous messages.

LOL!

Such a hilariously grim response to a mere confection.

Regarding tech limitations...

Copy that, but the 'social engineering' elements, the things folk reveal even when they're striving to be anon, are at least as interesting to me as the technical details of how easily traceable your online ghost is.

But of course, the monkey wrenching nuts and bolts are important to know.

2600's most recent HOPE conference provided a wealth of info on this topic:

<http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/3975>

And, to find Ravi's postings on the topic, you can search the LBO archives:

<http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/>

Not sure what, beyond "Ravi" as author, you should use as the criteria though.

This unit's post count is +3.

.d.