[lbo-talk] eHarmony sued in California for excluding gays

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 31 20:50:33 PDT 2007

> They must be suing under a state statute prohibiting
discrimination because of sexual orientation, but I'm not sure what the theory is. Maybe it's that a dating service is a public accommodation? Would this open the door to suits against Out Personals for excluding straights, or Christian Friend Finder or Jewish Friend Finder for religious discrimination? I have my doubts about whether this one is going anywhere, but I have

been wrong before.

My husband thought the same thing.

Brian