[lbo-talk] Americans pissed, sez Greenberg

Andy F andy274 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 05:22:25 PDT 2007

On 10/31/07, Carrol Cox <cbcox at ilstu.edu> wrote:

> Andy F wrote:
> >
> > Do I really have to outline the different attitudes towards
> > retributive violence? That looks an awful lot like explosive,
> > frear-driven anger.
>
> Why? I have no hip-shot explanation myself, but I can't see the logic of
> your pop-psychology.

You don't think attitudes towards the death penalty, attacking basket-case countries, shooting trespassers, or the righteous bullet-ridden comeuppance of the psychopath at the end of a thriller might have something to with fear?

BTW, I meant to salute Bitch for her description of economic victim-blame, a bullseye splitting the previous arrow.

-- Andy