[lbo-talk] Political-biological determininsm ( US fascism awareness week)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 12:14:25 PDT 2007

--- wrobert at uci.edu wrote:

> I would accept the first statement, but I
> don't think that there is
> any real example where the second works. robert
> wood

I don't think that Italian Fascism (probably Spanish Fascism too, but I really don't know) was any more racist in its ideology than Britain was at the time. It wasn't until 1939 that Mussolini caved into Hitler on the "Jews Are Evil" issue. And there is a reason 80% of Italian Jews survived the Holocaust, as opposed to the 20% of French Jews who did.

> CB: US fascism has been racist, and is racist in
> 2007 ( see the KKK,
> neo-Confederates, Aryan nation, ultra-rightists).

I think those guys are more inspired by the Nazis than the Fascists, probably because Nazism is more transferrable to US conditions due to Americans' obession wirh race.