[lbo-talk] Political-biological determininsm (US fascism awareness week)

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 17:54:33 PDT 2007

I agree that if something like fascism were to appear in the US, which I think improbable, it would likely crystallize around race, unlike in say Italy around 1920, since race is an obsession of Americans and a concept that lends itself to the "us vs. them" element of fascism. However, although I have not spent any significant amount of time in the States in over 7 years and so cannot really judge, as far as I know there are no significant political groupings preaching the doctrine of the Total State, which is the sine qua non of Fascism, if by that term one means anything like what the actual Fascists meant by the term.