[lbo-talk] Jann Wenner thinks big...

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Nov 2 11:19:45 PDT 2007

...on the occasion of Rolling Stone's 40th anniversary (!):

<http://www.businessweek.com/innovate/FineOnMedia/archives/2007/11/ an_in-depth_int.html>

The Internet . . . I don’t know that it’s primarily a medium, in the sense that it’s primarily a transactional service and media delivery system. My formulation is this: Rolling Stone represents a really good idea of a brand, concept, whatever you want to call it. Community, any one of those buzzwords. You can integrate the Internet into your brand, if you do it correctly, and you can broaden the depth of the experience. That’s what you can bring to peoples’ lives, beyond what’s on the printed page--if you do it correctly.