[lbo-talk] Pro-War Bumper- Sticker

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 3 05:38:38 PDT 2007

While traveling in DC yesterday I saw a pro-war bumper-sticker. Not God Bless America, Support Our Troops, or even Bomb Iran. Just pro war in general. It read:

WAR NEVER SOLVED ANYTHING: Except for Slavery, Fascism, Nazism, And Communism

Apparently the guy is in favor of war as the instrument of first resort in dealing with problems. If you can't think of anything else to do, or even if you can, kill somebody first.

Btw, what war is it that he thinks solved Communism? Korea? The Bay of Pigs? Vietnam? Grenada?

And while war solved Nazism all right, and we needed a war to solve slavery, the Brits and other peoples got rid of slavery without war. Meanwhile fascism is very much still with us, in part in the form of people who think that war is the solution, not the problem.