[lbo-talk] LBO subscription crisis

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Nov 8 10:21:25 PST 2007

I generally keep LBO (the newsletter) business off here, but I'm desperate.

The guy who handles my subscriptions has had some health problems, and has been unable to deliver me email addresses and the printer postal addresses for #116 for three weeks. I've been patient, given his health problems, but I spoke to his wife, who's been helping out two weeks ago, and she promised something in a couple of days. Nothing. In a voicemail more than a week ago he promised something in a couple of days. Again nothing. I've been calling and leaving messages and emailing several times a day for the last week. Just now, he finally answered and said, "There's not going to be a conversation here," and hung up. All I want now is the subscription file and to be done with this guy.

Now I realize that LBO's sub department would never win any awards, but this takes it to a new level of disaster. Some emails and phone calls from others might help pry the file loose.

His name is John Ernst. <jernst1 at nyc.rr.com>. 212-727-2857.

Any assistance would be welcome.