[lbo-talk] Is the '56 Option about to come to fruition? "US fears Israeli strike against Iran over latest nuclear claim"

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Thu Nov 8 20:21:20 PST 2007

Wojtek wrote:

>...With that in mind I am quite nonplussed by
>Ahmadinejad's broadcasting that he is about to produce
>nukes...

But of course Ahmedi-Nejad "broadcast" nothing of the sort. Not only has he with absolute consistency asserted that the Iranian nuclear program is purely an industrial one, not only have the Iranians consistently declared their acceptance of all IAEA controls and inspections needed to guarantee their compliance with the nonproliferation treaty, but Ahmedi-Nejad has also repeatedly declared, with supporting quotation from Ayatollah Khomeini, that nuclear weapons--because inherently directed against noncombattants--are "unIslamic" per se. True, "peaceful" nuclear development, for a country like Iran, is perhaps even more wasteful and pernicious than military development would be. Nevertheless, by all the evidence the Iranian program is indeed an industrial one. That is the fact that must be emphasized in the face of the warmongering Zionist lies.

Shane Mage

"This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire, kindling in measures and going out in measures."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 30