[lbo-talk] Tagging Muslims

Ismail Lagardien ilagardien at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 9 12:41:11 PST 2007

Let's see, the Nazi's used Yellow Stars....

In Los Angeles they seem to be heading towards, some form of tagging... THey're starting with plans "map" Muslims communities

STARTS LOS ANGELES — Civil rights advocates criticized plans by the Los Angeles Police Department to map the city's Muslim communities, calling it racial profiling.

The LAPD's counterterrorism bureau plans to identify Muslim enclaves in order to determine which might be likely to become isolated and susceptible to "violent, ideologically based extremism," said Deputy Chief Michael P. Downing on Thursday.

"We want to know where the Pakistanis, Iranians and Chechens are so we can reach out to those communities," said Downing, who heads the counterterrorism bureau.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/huff-wires/20071109/lapd-muslims/

----- Original Message ---- From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, 9 November, 2007 2:49:01 PM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] Petrocracy in Venezuela?

On Nov 9, 2007, at 2:31 PM, Sean Andrews wrote:

>> Hey, Mike Davis got one of those. They're not all awarded to
>> apologists.
>>
>> Doug
>
> I didn't know that. Is that how he's been able to put out so many
> densely researched works in so short a period of time? Now I don't
> feel like such a laggard.

He got it years ago. Bought a house in Hawaii with part of the proceeds, I think. If ever anyone deserved one, it's Mike Davis.