[lbo-talk] BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ released today

farmelantj at juno.com farmelantj at juno.com
Tue Nov 13 13:19:46 PST 2007

Scruton is a Brit. In the US during the heyday of the "culture wars', it seemed that those folk who yammered the most about defending the high culture of America and the West seemed the least effected by it.

-- Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com> wrote:

On Nov 13, 2007, at 3:56 PM, Dennis Claxton wrote:

> Roger Scruton has written an aggressive, provocative, and persuasive
> counterattack against the nihilism of modern intellectuals who would
> repudiate the high culture of America and the West.
>
> - Robert H. Bork

Has this guy actually read any of this "high culture"?

Did Scruton's piece actually quote a single writer or cite a single piece of music or art? I can't say I read every word, but if it did, I missed it.

All we are is dust in the wind, man.