[lbo-talk] Income gap grows between white, black families in US

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Wed Nov 14 11:47:48 PST 2007

Dennis Claxton wrote:

>Here are three flow charts illustrating how difficult it is to come
>back from jail time. Each chart illustrates one of three problems:
>Earning Money; Reuniting Your Family; and HousingP:

It is difficult to come back from anything. Ten years ago, I helped some relatives come back from heroin addiction. It took two and a half solid years for them to be able to function independently and confidently. During that time they always had a home (mine), and three meals a day, and a safe place to be and come back to...and family around them.

I can't begin to imagine how someone can transition into normal life from prison without serious support.

Joanna