[lbo-talk] Income gap grows between white, black families in US

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Nov 14 12:11:08 PST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007, at 2:47 PM, joanna wrote:

> I can't begin to imagine how someone can transition into normal life
> from prison without serious support.

In my interview with Devah Pager, she points out how parole officers used to function as a support system for people released from prison, trying to set them up with housing and jobs. Now their job is mainly a "Gotcha!" one - to monitor behavior and discover the flaw that will send the parolee back to prison.

Doug