[lbo-talk] Behind The Drums Of War With Iran: Weapons of Compound Interest

Charles Brown charlesb at cncl.ci.detroit.mi.us
Wed Nov 14 12:03:18 PST 2007

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

>> It smacks of veiled 19th century anti-Semitism of the "scratch a
>> banker, find a Jew" variety without being overtly anti-Semitic.
>
> It's remarkable how often you find them in close proximity. It fits
> nicely with the Postone/Zizek analysis of anti-Semitism as using The
> Jew as a container for all the objectionable stuff about capitalism
-
> parasitism and rootlessness, e.g.
>
> Doug

^^^^^^^

CB: How does Marx's "On the Jewish Question" impinge on this ?

^^^^^^^

CB: Just kidding.

But there's a big, big, big problem with shielding finance capital from criticism and investigation with claims of anti-semitism. That's like putting the financial wolf in Jewish sheep's clothing.

Finance capital can't get a pass , because anti-Semites have been anti-banks. Can't have repression of anti-finance rhetoric under the cover of protecting Jewish people. Can't try to hide the enormous and dominating power and control of finance capital by charging its critics with anti-semitism . no we can't . not at all . don't even try it. that won't do at all.