[lbo-talk] BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ

Shane Mage shmage at pipeline.com
Wed Nov 14 13:12:08 PST 2007

Charles Grimes wrote:

>Jean Renoir's Children of Paradise manages some great narrative
>parallels matched to the kind of visual symmetries I am thinking of...

Marcel Carn´e, not Jean Renoir. Perhaps no film as great has ever been made with fewer resources and under worse (Occupation) conditions. By the way, a more idiomatic (English) translation of *Les Enfants du Paradis* would be "Children of The Gods." Does anyone know of an American idiom for "rear-balcony seats?"

Shane Mage

"This cosmos did none of gods or men make, but it always was and is and shall be: an everlasting fire, kindling in measures and going out in measures."

Herakleitos of Ephesos, fr. 30