[lbo-talk] BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ

wrobert at uci.edu wrobert at uci.edu
Wed Nov 14 15:35:01 PST 2007

Ultimately, the translation is going to lose of the meaning contained in the pun. I think that the translators were smart to realize that the literal meaning was less important than the references contained in the word. Coincidentally, I agree with everyone that the movie is beautiful. I'd put it up there with Renoir's The Rules of the Game. robert wood