[lbo-talk] Reed on the Dems

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Thu Nov 15 07:29:12 PST 2007

Doug forwarded:

>> <http://www.progressive.org/mag_reed1107>
>>
>> That's why the endless cycle of unofficial hearings and
>> tribunals and rallies and demonstrations and Internet
>> petitions never has any effect on anything. They're all
>> directed to bearing witness before an officialdom that
>> doesn't care and feels no compulsion to take our demands
>> into account.

I thought this was a pretty well-written article, except the word "care" jumped out at me. I would have used the word "agree" ... saying that they don't "care" really loads it up, doesn't it?

Anyway, that's the thing that I always come back to: it's not that they don't care, it's that they don't agree. You can't often appeal successfully to someone who has made up their mind by providing them with information you don't think they've taken into account.

/jordan