[lbo-talk] black class gap

John Thornton jthorn65 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 10:27:52 PST 2007

ravi wrote:
> but just humorous: its a dig at Ehrenreich since I can't stand
> Ehrenreich any more than Doug can Bono, but I do believe both of them
> (Ehrenreich and Bono, and for that matter A. Roy) are on the right
> side of the divide (and have all done more for humanity than I have,
> thus far).
>

> --ravi

Are you saying that if you were a multi-millionaire pop star who avoided paying income taxes his entire life and had legions of people who hung on his every word and action you feel you would not have accomplished appreciably more than Bono has in the same circumstances with regards to furthering humanitarian causes? Or are you saying that if Bono were an Indian computer programmer(?) he would have had a greater impact in the humanitarian field than you have? That seems a strange position to take but maybe I misunderstand.

John Thornton